Free Downloadable Creativity and Innovation Resources
Here are some new resources that I am really proud of. As part of the CIME Project in Wales, the following 3 reference modules were written. They show in detail how useful Creativity can be in a small and medium sized business context. They have been brilliantly illustrated and are provided here in PDF format, although the originals were in printed form. Simply click on the link to download. Please note that these files are quite large so please be patient.
CIME Toolkit Module 1 Creativity and Innovation for small businesses Module 1, An Introduction – 12 Rules for Creative Thinking!
CIME Toolkit Module 2 Creativity and Innovation for small businesses Module 2, Utilising Creative and Alternative Techniques
CIME Toolkit Module 3 Creativity and Innovation for small businesses Module 3, Addressing those common business issues
The following articles may also be downloaded by clicking on the links:
Bullying and Creativity Find out the effects that bullying can have on both personal and organisational Creativity.
Getting Innovation Ready Take this simple test to see if you are ready for the challenges of innovation and growth.
Creativity Tips 24 top tips to improve your creative thinking.
Soft Infrastructure A thought provoking paper designed to ask questions about the types of networks needed to support Innovation.
Innovation Handbook A document that outlines the theory behind our Innovation Toolkit and also how both discrete and continuous Innovation projects might be managed. It also helps to explain why managing multiple Innovation projects can lead to confusion.
Innovation Toolkit Details of our unique method of measuring and benchmarking innovation.
Slow Innovation Manifesto Read the Slow Innovation manifesto written by Derek Cheshire created for Change This.
Malawi Guardian An article written by Derek Cheshire and published in the Malawi Guardian.
Guide To Buying Creativity Read our simple guide to buying creativity for your organisation including what to look for when hiring consultants and facilitators.
Creativity and Innovation articles published by Derek Cheshire
I publish articles via a monthly newsletter. You can subscribe via the link in the footer of every page. I also have over 100 articles published in My Blog.
A number of articles are also published on external websites. For a list of over 80 articles related to Business Creativity and Innovation that you can use/re-use easily see EzineArticles.com.
We also have the following articles previously published on InnovationTools.com …
- Are you afraid of failure? Get over it!
- Adult creativity: Why we should make time for play
- Creative problem solving: Which way does your banana bend?
- Innovation: Is there such a thing as ‘best practice?’
- How to use a morphological matrix to generate ideas
- How to generate 20 new business ideas over coffee
- Predicting the future and focusing your innovation program
- Creativity: What can I do on Monday?
Click on the article title to view it in a new window.
Creativity and Innovation resources available to buy
My online shop contains advanced resources for enhancing creativity and innovation including ebooks and techniques kits for running your own creativity workshops. The range of products will be added to over time. Currently I have a four volume ebook series that starts with the YES you can beginner’s guide and adds a further three volumes full of advanced techniques that give you a total of 48 practical creative problem solving techniques for your toolbox plus hints and tips on getting the best from them. Our two technique kits enable you to create resources within minutes of downloading them, simply print out the pages and then laminate them!
Click on the links to find out more and buy.
Currently, our ebooks include …
Technique Kit 1 contains …
- The Movie Screen – visualisation exercise
- How To Generate 20 Business Ideas Over Coffee – idea generation
- Using Metaphor – exploring/defining problem situations
- Speed Story Writing – ice breaker, problem definition
- Still Life Ice Breaker – ice breaker, discovering personal traits
Technique Kit 2 contains …
- Cartoon Storyboard – planning/prioritising
- Working With Aliens – problem exploration/definition
- Time Traveller – problem exploration/definition
- List And Twist – random stimulation, idea generation
- Boundary Relaxation – problem redefinition/exploration
- Bullet Proofing – planning/prioritising